May 13, 2010

The Lady of Shallots

Isaac finished his cage for the rabbit.
He changes the grass and rearranges the cage to make it interesting for them.
I have created a shallot garden.  

It reminds me of this song when I see it.
  Here are my strawberry plants. 
I decided to keep them in pots to try to minimize the weeds.
My herb garden has mint, oregano, thyme, marjoram and rosemary.
Today I transplanted my cactus plants. 
Two of these have won blue ribbons for Isaac in the Coos Country Fair.
Here is Catherine's wheatgrass. 
We have been talking about going on a raw food diet.
It will probably not be 100 percent raw ...but just some additions to our diet.
Here are my new raised beds that I got a month ago.

Here they are today.  
I have a lot of clean up work still to do...
but I am really proud of all the progress that I have made. 
We have onions, fennel, calendula, radishes, kale and broccoli in the garden so far.

Last year my garden was created from pallots with cardboard boxes to hold the dirt.  The above picture is from last year and is where my shallot garden is now.Right now we have been having some really nice weather so it is time to garden.

I have been working on my hexagon quilt at night...and shortly I will have some other surprises to show you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a magical place!
Isaac's "bunny run" is so cool...
Very clever to elevate it.
Love Loreena Mckennit. I have about 10 songs on my ipod from her :)

Kari said...

Loreena McKennitt is one of my favorites, and so is this particular song, The Lady of Shalott. The words to this ballad by Tennyson are so hauntingly beautiful. I love all the ballads Loreena McKennitt has chosen to set to music, and could listen to her voice forever! I loved listening to her this morning, and looking at all your lovely plants, including your shallots, too. I love the raised beds. My husband made one for us this year, our first raised bed, and it is wonderful. We have, so far, a very odd mixture of zinnias and carrots growing in it! But soon there will be a bunch of herbs and lettuce, too. xo Kari

the wild magnolia said...

I love Loreena McKennitt's music. Her music touches my soul. It moves me to travel in the mystical lands. Over hill and dale, through lush green forests, beside the oceans and along the mountain paths.

Issac has done a wonderful job with his rabbit cage. I believe caring for animals is good for the soul.

The Lady of Shalott garden is wonderful and you should be proud of your accomplishment. It is beautiful. I love the herb garden and any vegetable gardens.

Great job and fun post.

Sandra said...

I love your garden. I can see it's made with love.