February 24, 2010

Erosion Bundle




This is a little Erosion Bundle that I made last week.  
Inside it I put things that I had collected while cleaning up in January.

 
I hung it on the fense in our garden.
When the family was looking at it yesterday they were trying to figure out what it was.
Catherine guessed I had made a cat toy.
I enjoyed telling them about it.
Hopefully the cats don't see it the way my children saw it.

As I get older I realize we are each Erosion Bundles.
We need to tighten our strings
It seems what we have eaten or how we have lived starts to "tattoo" our bodies.

Quote:
"One must live in the middle of contradition,
because if all contradictions were eliminated at once
life would collapse.
There are simply no answers to some of the great pressing questions.
You continue to live them out,
making your life a worthy expression
of leaning into the light."

Barry Lopez, "Arctic Dreams"


6 comments:

jude said...

i do feel like one of those bundle. ha!

Lynn Cohen said...

My bundle had gotten swvelt, well swvelt for me, and then, I let it go again untied the cords and forgot/chose not to exercise and started allowing things I had stopped eating in again...and now I am not at all happy of the view in the mirror of my "bundle". I know what I need to do...but not sure when I'll take up the stand and DO it again. Why can't I just stick to the plan, man?

Quilt Architect said...

Ignorance is bliss.
But the mirror is ruthless.

Anonymous said...

I like your words about how the way our life has been lived begins to "tatoo" our bodies...very poetic.
hmmm...trying to guess what is in your bundle. Anything that will rust?
I imagine you cleaning out the cabinets...tea, spices? : )

Erika C. said...

I love this idea. What a good thing to do when you are clearing out your space!

Heather said...

Being an untidy person myself, I think I would have a lot more than a bundle after cleaning. But what a cool idea.