October 12, 2009

Miro's Study Journal Page 11



I think that this is another great study of balance.  The shaddow adds some grounding to  the white form.  I like the texture inside the form.  The circles and line also provide interest.  But I cannot find this image on the web.  I don't know if this is just the elements that I liked and the arrangement that I preferred or what might have been omitted.  Read more to see how selective I was and how my images were a study and not a true copy.



Here is an example of what I am talking about.

Joan Miró (Spanish, 1893-1983)
Dutch Interior (I), 1928
Oil on canvas
36 1/8 x 28 3/4 in. (91.8 x 73 cm)

Does this look familiar?  Here was my rendition.  You can see that I left out a lot of elements and just captured what I found interesting and spontaneous at the moment.

I have to say that my goal in the beginning was to learn how to make a book. Filling the pages of the book was just a pleasure but not the main goal.

I have almost finished my book...I have to make another trip to the art store and pick up some special glue...I am getting very excited to show you my new cover for my book...and the finished book!!

No comments: