The tree is one of my favorite symbols.
When I was a child I memorized this verse.
1Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
2But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.
3And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.
The tree is rooted in a heart of unconditional love that is neutral in color.
The other cloth has leaves on it, and it represents the leaves of truth.
When the leaves fall off the tree they are things that have gone on before,
they make up the biography of man or our truth.
When the wind blows through the leaves they seem to be saying something...so
Then leaves themselves stand for the different ways of communicating.
- In ways that assist finances and practical endeavors
- Communication that inspires and evokes genius.
- communicating from a philosophical, religious, or spiritual base;
- Direct and honest communication that is well timed.
- Communication that inspires vision which is articulated
- Communication that is written
- Promptings from our essence and is constantly being reformed and delivered.
- The transformative power to communicate ones range of feelings.
- To articulate ideas and thoughts clearly and succinctly
- Communication that is flexible and aware of all communication lines we have executed both personally and professionally. (from The Tarot Handbook by Angeles Arrien)